Letter Writing CampaignWrite Your Congressmen Today!!
Suggestions for Your Letter
Make sure you make contact with the health issues staff representative in addition to the legislators themselves. For legislators to notice your letters, you will need to send about 1000. The health issues staff representative will take notice much sooner, and be a liaison between you and your legislator.
In your letters, emails or conversation with your members of congress, you should include the following:
- State “thousands of your constituents suffer with chronic pain or have a close relative who suffers with chronic pain and are no longer able to receive the medicines they need.”
- At the end of your letter state:
“As a member (or supporter) of Doctors of Courage, or the National Pain Patients Coalition (NPPC) (or whatever chronic pain advocacy group you are a part of), we invite you to support and participate in our annual PAIN PATIENTS ADVOCACY WEEK, April 23-30, 2017. Please support our efforts to establish PAIN PATIENTS ADVOCACY WEEK as a national observance. We would appreciate you mentioning it from the congressional floor (U.S. Senate or U.S. House of Representatives) at the appropriate time.
- Thank him/her for their support in improving the quality of life for their constituents who suffer with chronic pain and the compassionate physicians who treat them.
- List any organizations you are a member of after your name.
- Place the following cc list at the end of your letter:
cc: National Pain Patients Coalition (NPPC) – www.PainPatientsCoalition.com
American Pain Institute (API) – www.AmericanPainInstitute.org \
Doctors of Courage – www.DoctorsofCourage.org
American Civil Liberties Union – www.aclu.org